Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Newby, GT 60

GT 60

Hi GT and welcome! We are friendly here and we are always willing to help!

Can't help you with astrophotography but my advice is that you keep your money; don't go rushing to buy a scope. The most important factor in my experience is the quality of the skies you have in your region. If you have dark skies, many many stars are visible then even a small scope can view many many things. On the other hand if you don' have dark skies you could consider travelling to get some nice views. Anyway you will find lots of info here. Remember it's all about the skies.

Cheers from Greece

Tzitzis

Hi Tzitzis, thank's for the welcome . And the advice. I have got a pair of Leica bino's which I will stick with for the time being and hang on to my money speak soon GT 60

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi GT 60

Welcome to SGL you've come to the right place for help and info

+1 for making every photon count. It is an absolute mine of information and will help in your first purchases and save you money in the long term. A double win

Good luck and look forward to seeing your first images

Gareth.

Hi Gareth thank's for the warm welcome .

I noticed in your arsenal of equipment you have a Mac 127 how is it ?

Gt60

Bought this on 15th June and not had a chance to use it yet. :(

It's mainly for planets and the moon as I use the 200p most of the time for imaging.

Waiting for jupiter and the moon to put in an appearance without the clouds.

Might have a problem with the mount as it's a celestron AZ goto and the scope is a skywatcher and the dovetail seems to be on the opposite side of the OTA. Making viewing above 45degrees impossible as the diagonal hits the mount. When I fit it the other way round the finderscope is underneath the OTA. :o

Will have a play in the next few days hopefully.

Gareth.

Gt60

Bought this on 15th June and not had a chance to use it yet. :(

It's mainly for planets and the moon as I use the 200p most of the time for imaging.

Waiting for jupiter and the moon to put in an appearance without the clouds.

Might have a problem with the mount as it's a celestron AZ goto and the scope is a skywatcher and the dovetail seems to be on the opposite side of the OTA. Making viewing above 45degrees impossible as the diagonal hits the mount. When I fit it the other way round the finderscope is underneath the OTA. :o

Will have a play in the next few days hopefully.

Gareth.

Hi Gareth.

Sorry to hear you hav'nt had chance to use the Mac 127 yet ,must be frustrating!

Newby to all this jargon .what is the OTA ? Have been into photography all my life, and had work published. But never done astrophotography, so will be asking some questions in the future if that's OK. Speak soon GT 60.

Archived