Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Observing Meet - Aug. 21st / 22nd

L8-Nite

That would be a busy weekend for me, stargazing Fri night, wifes birthday Saturday, and out metal detecting Sunday. Oh well I suppose a card will do lol

Me thinks you better find a gold ring on Sunday to go along with that card.   :grin:

Hopefully we will have good conditions again this weekend Ben.  Except for a random sheep dropping or two,  you don't have to worry much about walking around in the dark at the observing site, as its flat and well paved.

Hiya,

new to the hobby and my kit is being delivered this week...a real bonefide newbie :huh:

Would it be ok to come along to the meet on Fri and if so where exactly is it ??

thx in advance

steve

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the group, and cool avatar you have there also.  You would be more than welcome to come along.  Location details can be found on the first post of the " Observing Meet - Aug. 2015 " thread.  If the weather doesn't look good on Friday, Saturday might be an option, so check this thread for updates and on the day, in the afternoon, to see if conditions warrant a go or no-go call.

The observing site location is at the " Fox Hunter " car park next to the radio towers, just North of the town of Blaenavon, off of the B4246 road.

Google Earth coordinates ..........  51*  47'  25.74" N  by  3*  4'  10.74" W

Google Maps coordinates ..........  51.790573  by  -3.069705

Sorry folks, tonight's observing meet is also a " NO - GO ".

The weather is not our friend this week. :clouds2:  :clouds1:   :sad:

Thanks for making the call mike but on a positive note the best months are just on our doorstep so plenty to look forward to.

Archived