NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

365Astronomy

Thalestris24

Right, starting a new topic this time... :embarassed:

So, anyone had any dealings with 365Astro recently? Are they maybe on holiday? I've been trying to contact them but not having much luck.

I ordered an item from them on the 11th. I got a receipt but no further info. I've not been able to get a reply to any emails :( No problems accessing their site - just no replies!

Louise

Right, starting a new topic this time... :embarassed:

So, anyone had any dealings with 365Astro recently? Are they maybe on holiday? I've been trying to contact them but not having much luck.

I ordered an item from them on the 11th. I got a receipt but no further info. I've not been able to get a reply to any emails :( No problems accessing their site - just no replies!

Louise

Communication can be a problem.  First time I asked a question about a product I gave up after repeating the request.  Next time I was luckier.

The company is a family business and works from their home.  Stuff I have bought I've collected and seen how business has to mix with family life.  When I was there in June I was told by Zoltan that they had an eye on a unit in a small industrial estate nearby, but why whack up the overheads if you don't need to.  Zoltan knows his onions.  He has a small observatory in his back garden in an unpolluted location just short of the beach in Worthing.  Glad you got a response in the end.

Yeah, I was probably worrying over nothing. However, I think their order processing could be made more positive. I mean, I just got an email response to my order saying 'your order has been processed'. That seems very vague to me! It reminded me why I don't place many orders with them! Hopefully, I'll get the item on/by Tuesday. My 365 order overlaps with one I placed via Amazon on 4/8 but which also hasn't turned up yet. After I complained, the seller resent the item though still no sign... Sometimes things just conspire...

Louise

You're having a dram of wee? I always said they were odd folk up there...

Louise, I'm sorry about these rascals.

Hope you get sorted but, apparently, it's our fault for living at the end of the universe ...

I mean, Glasgow is just so, well, you know, OUT there!

Louise, I'm sorry about these rascals.

Hope you get sorted but, apparently, it's our fault for living at the end of the universe ...

I mean, Glasgow is just so, well, you know, OUT there!

The End of the Universe?

There is supposed to be a good restaurant there. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Did the item ever arrive?

I ask as something from Highland Heating and Plumbing Supplies I ordered yesterday and had confirmation of it being dispatched at about 20:00 yesterday arrived through the letter box today at 11:00 :eek: :eek: :eek: . Their phone number would imply Thurso as the dispatch point. Didn't want it quick, just opted for the free P&P option. Odd little plastic insert.

Oh yes, it was exactly what was wanted and saved a LOT of money as I do not have to consider replacing taps.

Have they developed a Startrek Transporter system in Thurso ? :confused: :confused:

Hi ronin

Thanks for asking! No, it didn't arrive :( They say they sent it 1st class on the 11th. Now I'll have to wait until September 1st before it can be declared lost :( They don't have any more in stock either :( I have a suspicion it was sent to a different (wrong) address but with the same post code. This has happened to me before - with FLO!

Anyone got any 76mm tube rings spare?

Louise

I was getting a bit worried for a moment there, glad they are still in business. I've ordered a few things from them in the past and it's always been fine. I'm likely to order a diffraction grating soon and they seem to be the only UK stockist, always think that's better than ordering from abroad.

I was getting a bit worried for a moment there, glad they are still in business. I've ordered a few things from them in the past and it's always been fine. I'm likely to order a diffraction grating soon and they seem to be the only UK stockist, always think that's better than ordering from abroad.

I ordered the grating at 11:40 yesterday, received an email yesterday evening saying it had been dispatched and it arrived in today's post. Doesn't sound much like a company in any sort of trouble to me (happily) and thanks 365 Astronomy for great service. If only we could order clear skies online quite so easily!

Anyone got any 76mm tube rings spare?

Louise

Curiously, it seems that only "365" carried that size?

They *do* exist, but now they have no more? Proved

a perfect fit for my AA ED66-R. Just not popular? :o

(Was contemplating a couple more, but you get first dibs!) ;)

I have had two or three instances where Zoltan has been slow to respond to emails but I quickly figured out he is running a business on his own from home and sometimes he just isn't there. I have never had any problem with what I have ordered from 365 and normally find them to be very quick to deliver.

Sorry to hear your stuff has gone missing, Louise, which must be very frustrating!

Curiously, it seems that only "365" carried that size?

They *do* exist, but now they have no more? Proved

a perfect fit for my AA ED66-R. Just not popular? :o

(Was contemplating a couple more, but you get first dibs!) ;)

Yeah, the only other stockists seem to be Teleskop Express. I want them to better mount my Travelscope 70 (I'm using it as a guide scope). 365 said they'd be getting some more stock in a few weeks. I have to be patient and keep my fingers crossed that the second lot actually do arrive! 365 said they would have sent the first lot to my correct address so can only blame Royal Mail. I said that I'd pay extra for tracked/signed-for. Worth the extra few quid to save a lot of hassle.

Louise

Orion produce a 76mm tube ring and SCS are the Orion outlet and they say they have some in stock.

May or may not be the design you want, (I prefer the WO type ones), £29 + Delivery (usually £5 or £6)

Just seen the 365 ones and there would be a fair difference in cost from SCS. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Orion produce a 76mm tube ring and SCS are the Orion outlet and they say they have some in stock.

May or may not be the design you want, (I prefer the WO type ones), £29 + Delivery (usually £5 or £6)

Just seen the 365 ones and there would be a fair difference in cost from SCS. :eek: :eek: :eek:

So they do - but as you say, a lot more expensive than 365 Astro... In any case, I've agreed to wait for 365Astro's next shipment rather than accepting a refund. It would seem rude and unfair to mess them about. They will already be running at a loss unless they buy them in for not much more than a tenner.

Louise

I had posted about them being there before I read the cost, the edit was to point out the somewhat higher price,

I would wait also.

Is there any reason that your mail going astray ?

Just it appears not to be an isolated incident.

I had posted about them being there before I read the cost, the edit was to point out the somewhat higher price,

I would wait also.

Is there any reason that your mail going astray ?

Just it appears not to be an isolated incident.

Only if Royal Mail are losing it or attempting to deliver at the wrong address...

Archived