Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Just thought I would post a successful night with the EQ5 pro

acharris77

Hey all, just want to thank all for the advice you have given me. I followed the update instructions for the polar scope, got polaris in the right position. Did my usually setup routine and did a 1 star alignment.

And the goto was bang on target. The object was in the center of the FOV every time. I tried imaging and went up to 90 seconds and I got no star trailing, so I was quite happy with that for 1 star alignment.

Thanks all and thought I would post my success story and will be willing to help any new owners with problems they might have with this mount.

Nice job, glad you got it sorted. The number of stars used for alignment will have no impact on your ability to use 90 sec or longer exposures though. It only impacts on the GOTO accuracy. It is the accuracy of the mount PA that will impact possible exposure duration.

Archived