NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Tail of the Swan

Managed an hour with the Staradventurer plus modded Canon 1000d last night. Canon fitted with 50mm f1.8 set at f4. ISO800.

20 off 3 minute subs. Calibrated with light frames only.

No cropping, I couldn't bring myself to crop out all those stars. Yep there are some eggy ones but what the heck :grin:

It was nice to get to use the Staradventurer properly

post-2283-0-65158900-1439298406_thumb.jp

Nice image, gotta love that SW SA had mine out last night trying for Perseids.

Looks a bit red, hope you don't mind I took the liberty of aligning the histogram.

Did you use DSS to stack, you can balance the colour in it.

Dave

post-21198-0-90958900-1439301204.jpg

My thoughts exactly Dave after seeing it on here, you beat me to it, heres one a bit less REDD

Same here Dave, I love it. Since I got the SA earlier in the year this is really the first chance Ive had to have a serious go, only managing 10 or so minutes in the past then light nights, weather, health and stuff have got in the way. Its really simple to use and at this focal length no guiding and no real deal for PA just point and go

Cygnus_100815SAb.jpg

Thanks for posting Phil,

You have just reminded me what I am missing and inspired me to try and get out tonight and give it a go.... I haven't doen much with the 7D since having it full spectrum modified by Andy Ellis so will point that fitted with the IDAS P2 MFA filter and the Samyang 14/2.8 on the Astrotrac in  that general direction ....

Peter....

Go for it Pete. I like DSO imaging with scopes and ccds but theres something just that bit special about a simple rig with camera

I would say its vital for the uk weather you only need an hour between clouds, great image btw I have just got hold of the new nifty fifty so will give it a go soon.

Alan

Archived