Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DSS blank screen with canon 100Dshooting Milky Way

pixueto

I am having lots of trouble processing some widefield Milky Way shots in DSS. At the end of the stacking process I get the usual screen for R G B wlignment but the image is white/blank without any RGB curves. I am using a canon 100D and the latests versions of DSS. Has anyone encountered this problem before? I have run out of ideas as to how to solve it. Thank you all for your help.

I have this issue if I use the average (default) stacking method. Switch to Auto adaptive weighted average or kapp-sigma (I think entropy weighted is better, but I'm not sure) and it should work again.

Edited because I got the name for a stacking method wrong... Whooops.

At first I thought it might be an issue with it reading your RAW files funny. But you are using cannon and I think it supports those natively.

Just in case, try converting a few of your shots to 16-bit TIFF and using them. At this point I'd be clutching at straws.

Archived