Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What a night..

Shaun_B

Easily best for me in a long time. I ventured out into my back garden with little hope as the Met forecast showed intermittent cloud cover, however in Colchester from 22:30 till 0:30 the sky was crystal clear. This led to 2hrs of awsome stargazing, first I set my sights on Saturn (this was my first time seeing it), I was that excited I even dragged the missus and son out of bed to have a look lol. It was a little small but could make out the planet and a ring. I then turned to the ring nebule from there to Andromeda galaxy then to M103. Andromeda was pretty much just a grey smudge and M103 I could make out 3 main stars and a few little speckles around them but none the less I was amazed at what I got from my meade 90 etx. This has got me thinking... I need something bigger lol.

Shaun

nice report...I think tonight is meant to be good as well...though I will be trying to do some more Lunar imaging from around midnight from the front garden.

We always need bigger scopes ;-)....just they cost quite a lot more.

Archived