Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A few clusters

jetstream

The sky is great here, but I'm stuck at home because of morning commitments. About 20.3mag on the SQM, the dark sites would be 21.4 at least...

Anyway, a few clusters were viewed, M13 popped its prop out immediately, what a sight! So distinct... On to M22- you know when the mag is cranked up on this object, its beauty really start to show with a nice spread out appearance, similar to M13 in a way.

And last but not least....NGC 7789 - Carloline's Rose, a special favorite and a target every session during it's season. Those dust lanes cutting through the diamond field is mesmerizing! :smiley:

I spent 1.5 hrs on these clusters plus a bit on the Veil, Crescent etc- not too bad considering this was off my deck in lightish skies.

Nice report! I was really surprised when I saw m22. Low above the horizon but as bright as m13.. It must be huge!Glad you had a nice evening. Even if not a proper session, it is still lovely to just go out and see something. Thankfully the sky will be there tomorrow too!

The sky is great here, but I'm stuck at home because of morning commitments. About 20.3mag on the SQM, the dark sites would be 21.4 at least...

Anyway, a few clusters were viewed, M13 popped its prop out immediately, what a sight! So distinct... On to M22- you know when the mag is cranked up on this object, its beauty really start to show with a nice spread out appearance, similar to M13 in a way.

And last but not least....NGC 7789 - Carloline's Rose, a special favorite and a target every session during it's season. Those dust lanes cutting through the diamond field is mesmerizing! :smiley:

I spent 1.5 hrs on these clusters plus a bit on the Veil, Crescent etc- not too bad considering this was off my deck in lightish skies.

you have great skys at home gerry. your so lucky :grin:

Archived