NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Binoculars like Zeiss Jena ?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 10x50 I referenced on Ebay are still there, in the UK (Essex) and 22 quid.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181794497262?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

For what it's worth, those look nothing like the Swift Newport 10x50s I had; the eyepeices are narrower and the cover plates are a different shape. They look more like the Zenith 10x50s that you sometimes still find: the "Coated Optics, Triple Tested" is probably diagnostic.

If the collimation is good they are a good bino. Personally I prefer the 7x50 Tento which has more purplish coatings and is extremely sharp out to c80% of the fov vs the % of the 10x50s..but collimation is everything..

Dave

Thank you Mr. Merlin !

Eagerly awaiting your 12x50 Swift findings ! I can wait 10 days ....

Skies finally cleared enough to try the 12x50s. BTW they are Swallow, not Swift. At $45 usd delivered the delivery was $20 of the total. I'm not an expert on bins, but collimation is good and they seem quite sharp with no obvious fringing. I'd say I got my money's worth. Because of my location, anything near this price range would have been ruby coatings, flimsy, and dubious collimation.

Thanks Swift dude for the review ! Looks like you got your money's worth indeed ! 

Merlin, thanks for the depressing thought... Hahaha... That bad ! !! 

What was so bad about them ? Did you look through the one with the orange multicoating ? 

Thanks Swift dude for the review ! Looks like you got your money's worth indeed ! 

Merlin, thanks for the depressing thought... Hahaha... That bad ! !! 

What was so bad about them ? Did you look through the one with the orange multicoating ? 

Swift and Swallow are from 2 different Japanese companies. Mine are Swallow.

Archived