Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturday 27th June Sol

Pig

A beautifully clear Saturday morning with a lovely clear blue sky to match and most wonderful of all no work :laugh: 10 Eurovision song contest points to the weekend.

I have just had a quick peek at the sun and there are 2 lovely prominences in the 2 & 4 O'clock positions, one is a hedgerow and the other a nice explosion but strangely square shaped :shocked:  There are also a couple of thin spikes in the 12 & 7 O'clock positions, very nice when zoomed.

The surface detail is looking prime with lots of granulation and swirling patterns, the sunspots are moving closer to the edge of the disc so we may well see some activity as they pass over the limb, lets hope so :laugh:  

Lets hope the sun stays out for the duration of today as forecast..... ok back outside I go.

Nice update sir, was just thinking of popping out for some WL.. bit as the young one isn't up yet, 07:15 is technically a lie in so taking full advantage!

Don't forget the cwoorrrffffeee you early risers!

Ta

Fozzie

Nice update sir, was just thinking of popping out for some WL.. bit as the young one isn't up yet, 07:15 is technically a lie in so taking full advantage!

Don't forget the cwoorrrffffeee you early risers!

Ta

Fozzie

Already on second mug! hoping for some white light imaging with the f11 and 1000D once the sun creeps round the edge of the building 

I awoke at 6am and the sun was shining so I jumped out of bed and percolated, it is lovely stuff :laugh:

The spots are getting closer to the limb... I hope we get an X class :grin:

Already on second mug! hoping for some white light imaging with the f11 and 1000D once the sun creeps round the edge of the building

I'd like to see that Jules...

Enjoy your morning viewing, there's talk of decorating in the house this morning, not sure I'll sneak out for a peak!

The surface detail is getting better as the sun is rising and is showing some fantastic granulation patterns.

Boy its hot outside already make sure you wear some protection :laugh:

Very nice here now. The seeing is very good with little interference. I even used a 14mm extension ring on my Baader 10mm. The proms mentioned above contain a lot of 3D detail. There are several horizontal wispy pieces that may even be detached, I can't quite tell. The spots are just visible as is one long filament crawling across one quadrant and terminating in a sharp spikey prom.

There are a couple that have detached, or so it seems from here :smiley:  I have had a few grey clouds come over but they look pretty isolated :laugh:  all should be fine again soon.

I'd like to see that Jules...

Enjoy your morning viewing, there's talk of decorating in the house this morning, not sure I'll sneak out for a peak!

It did not happen, i got some very nice white light visual, but could not get enough out travel to focus dslr, got clouded out and only llater remembered i have a 2" extension tube doh!

Archived