Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AR2342 flaring a bit - 13th May

Luke

Hi all,

I think I took this image of AR2342 flaring a bit at about 6.50AM. It was quite blurry, maybe Sol was down in the murk? I've sharpened quite heavily to try and bring out a bit of detail. Thanks for looking, and good luck for some weekend Sun if your solar setup is on standby. I am a bit worried because for once the weekend forecast is actually showing some partially sunny patches on Saturday in the afternoon, this can only mean doom and gloom!!  :grin:  Luke

17673220792_07fb334d7c_o.jpg

17053971854_7c55b1835e_o.jpg

---

13th May, 2015

Equinox 120, Quark Chromosphere, Grasshopper 3 camera (ICX687), 0.5x reducer, cup of wake me up coffee (ND3)

Good stuff Luke, was sunny first thing but by the time I'd done my chores it had clouded over, going to Ian King imaging course on Saturday so won't be doing any solar, hope you get some Sun.

Dave

Thanks, David, Pete, Dave, Ewan and Michael.

Dave, have fun on your imaging course.

Pete, I really hope we get a nice sunny weekend at some point! I really should check my Quark is on the best tuning, the only way I know to do that is take shots at different tunings and compare them, but I daren't mess about with the typical skies of late where I don't know how long I have got! Wouldn't mind some quality time on white light either! Good luck over the weekend.

David, may your skies be sunny, especially if it drifts this way :D

Ewan, were you up imaging before 7am? I thought it was just me that was nuts? :grin:

Archived