Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sun in poor seeing, 14th May

Luke

Hi all,

I was very lucky to catch some Sun this morning, I nearly didn't try as I could already see clouds in the distance nearly half an hour before the Sun would clear the tree. But the clouds took their time. Seeing was poor and I struggled to process and I think my 120mm scope was a bit overkill for conditions, but there's not really any point I guess taking images in poor seeing unless I am going to process them! Thanks for looking, Luke

17464548089_4c2b6734f7_o.jpg

---
14th May, 2015
Equinox 120, Quark Chromosphere, Grasshopper 3 camera (ICX687), 0.5x reducer

Thanks, David, Freddie, Pete and Alexandra, I think I tend to not process the poorer seeing ones but maybe it will help with my processing as well, I had to work a bit harder on contrast and sharpness it felt like.

David, glad to see you got a shot in this morning. I was lucky as I had pretty much a clear solar brekkie, seeing seemed not too bad, hope it holds out for anyone imaging later today. Yesterday's seeing was far worse our way!

Archived