Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ITV- Wild Ireland.....

laser_jock99

Thought it might be a good bit of publicity, tv lights yes    --------Worse still they shine a green laser straight in to the tv camera lens -----must try harder itv, the sky to be fair was dark

Disappointed  stargazer!!!!!! 

Regards

Mike

just remember to co-ordinate with the various television stations, documentary makers and other visual media to know where to stay away from! :)

michael

...maybe a special thread SGL could initiate? :)

I watched this program purely because of the Star Gazing  aspect. I was extremely disappointed that a so called reputable company went into production of a program without thinking about safety! There was no responsible effort given to light pollution during the entire star gazing report, red light?????. White light was used extensively throughout. A proper effort should have been made to use infra red cameras during the night time televised  scenes.

Further to this ill thought out mess there was some, and I use this word with particular meaning," IDIOT ", shining a green laser about with out a thought for the possible consequences.

It may have been well within the legal requirements of 1mW maximum out put power. BUT a laser should never be shone where there is any chance of it being even close to any person or animals eyes. This user was waving it about with abandon and shone it directly at one point into the camera lens. The camera operator or other persons nearby him,may have had his/her/their  eyesight damaged for the rest of his/her/their lives.

This to me was a sure advert---for the banning of any laser being available to any unqualified person. The law should be changed!

A point that should be noted here, and this is for any person using a laser. This is, that the iris in human eye in the dark opens to its widest diameter, to acquire maximum light grasp. Even a low powered laser can cause extreme damage to the rods and cones within the eye. The fovea can be destroyed within milli-seconds, dependant upon power and individual susceptibility especially in a dark environment.

In the dark no laser can be regarded as entirely safe to the human or animal eye, no matter what you may hear from some so called experts. I worked with lasers some years ago and this was impressed upon us before we even got near a real laser. There were also warnings all over the walls in the labs.

SAFE  NOT SORRY!!!!

Derek

Archived