NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What size allan key

Dom,

Can you use a blob of blu tack to make an impression and take a meas??. I have had a dig online but drew a blank..I have some tiny one's could send if you would return.

I have no idea what a collimator is, but if it is small take down to aldi and try the cycle lit allen keys there are all different sizes that fold up if you find one that fits buy a set because there about 4/5 quid, i have a set which i carry in my pocket with a small adjustable & small grips it's amazing what you can mend on the go 

Not sure of the size but remember there are both metric and imperial.  You may have an opposite set to the one needed.  You can get a metric and imperial set for around £6 from machine mart. 

I have a bike Allan key set but it's in my apartment in Manchester, that blue take idea is pretty good, might try that, where do I measure from two flats sides or the two corner sides?

Dom,

Can you use a blob of blu tack to make an impression and take a meas??. I have had a dig online but drew a blank..I have some tiny one's could send if you would return.

And no thanks its fine, knowing me I'd lose it xD

Hello Dom. I think the laser collimator is the same as mine and  I have had the same problem.

The grub screw size is M4 the correct Hex Key is a 2mm. I found the grub screw in my collimator was too short which caused the off centering and I fitted new ones which were longer.See Photo. Hope this info helps

post-38329-0-95064300-1431363406_thumb.j

Rule 1:

Stuff built in China for Americans:                  Imperial

Stuff built in China for the rest of the world:   Metric

So I bought both sets :grin:

Rule 2: dont store them loose in the same drawer.

Hello Dom. I think the laser collimator is the same as mine and  I have had the same problem.

The grub screw size is M4 the correct Hex Key is a 2mm. I found the grub screw in my collimator was too short which caused the off centering and I fitted new ones which were longer.See Photo. Hope this info helps

Hi Dom Have a look at this thread here :-

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/243977-the-nuts-bolts-of-maintenance-and-hexallen-keys/

Archived