Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Snowdonia Dark Skies

Colinlp

lovely area, this is my local dark sky site. takes me 35mins. i was up there not long ago november ish. and there was a fella taking sqm readings and got near 21 and said it was going to become a dark sky reserve

"Parts of Snowdonia could be plunged into darkness....."

The open line sums up many people's attitudes to the horror of the fact that it actually gets dark at night (or would do if Nature was allowed).

Before the piece admits that such isn't the case, though not without going even further with the hyperbole by adding "plunged into perpetual darkness".

Having spent much of my childhood in the valleys I know it can be a bit grim in some places, but even so the Sun still does come up every now and again...

James

I like the idea of suggesting amateur astronomers are being considered in that they are...

'... park's nocturnal animals' :)

I wonder what species they consider us to be and if we are divided into families of refractorits, reflectorits....  :)

michael

@colinlp, I thought the trout had caught those sheep... :grin:

No since they stopped using the lake water for cooling they all died off so the sheep population has increased of late. I expect they will reduce in numbers before long, as they have three heads they'll soon get through all the grass and will starve

Archived