The Sun - 3rd May 2015

David Smith

Unexpected clear bit drifted over around lunch time so a hasty dash to the garden was called for :grin:  Lasted a reasonable period of time as well so managed some H alpha avi's too. Unfortunately in my haste I missed a bit from the mosaic and then it clouded over half way through my flat. Hence the final result is a bit patchy but it's all good practice for me at the moment as this is only about my 3rd or 4th attempt.

Seeing was excellent between the clouds today and the white light image really shines for it. H alpha image taken with the Baader 2.25x barlow today. With this barlow I can fill the QHY frame when shooting my flats, just doesn't help when it clouds over part way through!

17353787682_8b69f97d4a_o.png20150503 by David_The_Bears_Fan, on Flickr

17355687275_bbf275a8e9_o.png20150503mono by David_The_Bears_Fan, on Flickr

4 pane H alpha mosaic. Each pane was 50 from 1000 frames stacked in AS!2, sharpened and stretched in imPPG and then colour added in GIMP2.9. The whole thing was stitched in MS ICE.

17169140699_ce4af45c34_o.png20150503_HA_Mosaic by David_The_Bears_Fan, on Flickr

Very nice shots, David, congrats getting the whole filament chain. I didn't bother going for a mosaic of it as it was too patchy here, but it was an awesome sight at the eyepiece :laugh:

Nice set David.

Totally expected cloud and torrential rain until mid afternoon here, so bad was the forecast I didn't even bother going for my usual Sunday sail.

Robin

Archived