Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Deeper atlas..

estwing

Having put my socks back on after Elan my S&T pocket sky atlas no longer cuts the mustard and I need something deeper not just NGC's but PGC's and beyond...yes I know there's down loadable stuff but I do like a book to thumb through..any suggestions pls

Massive fan of Interstellarum, which is definitely "deeper" than S&T Pocket. I actually use both in the field, but it's Interstellarum that leads me on the most exciting adventures. It's not cheap, but I see it as an investment - a bit like a nice eyepiece.

if there was a source on the net (which I have no idea if there is or not), you could create your own atlas so to speak.  Download a chart, laminate and explore.  Eventually you could check ways of binding.

In doing that you might add your own images of each object of interest.

michael

hmm maybe this should be posted in the DIY section? :)

My vote is for the TriAtlas, though it does take up quite a block of shelfspace when printed out, with ~1000 sheets when all printed.

I have printed out all of the variants A,B,C, and the intermediate B-C version on A4, and I printed the "Panoramic" edition on A3. Great to use. I tend to use the B version the most when actually observing, and I like to peruse the Panoramic edition when just looking around.

I would like to be able to print and bind them doublesided in book form but that's a project for a future me with more cash to spend on that kind of a thing. My ringbinders and single-sided printing suffice more than well enough at the moment.

(I also own the Pocket Sky Atlas, Norton's, and Sky Atlas 2000, and the Pocket Sky Atlas is what I take with me on holiday)

Archived