Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SWA EP for MAK

Using a Mak which is always F12 plus there is no need to use the full contents of your wallet. However I would tell you on my 180mm F15 my 41mm Panoptic vignettes slightly, so instead of seeing the sharp field stop it looks a little woolly at the edge but by no means bad. So maybe Maks are not that good at handling long focal length eyepieces, it could be part of the internal make-up of the optical system causing this, though there is also a chance that they are not all the same as mine is F15.

Eyepiece wise I once had a 40mm Atsro Tech Titan which I bought in the States, Sky-Watcher do the same eyepiece known as the Aero 40mm, this is a very good eyepiece indeed and I wish I had never sold it. It is also half the weight of most 40mm SWA.

Alan.

1.25" or 2"?

If the scope can only take 1.25" there is little use in suggesting a selection of 2" eyepieces and changing the rear end to fit a 2" seems a bit excessive if not already performed,

Archived