NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter with GRS and Io 4/9/15

Leveye

Pretty descent seeing tonight here on the coast. Still not nearly as good as what was predicted during my first imaging of the GRS with the C8, ASI120MC and 3x barlow but I'll take it. Focusing by hand once again on this one till my JMI focuser is up and running with all the parts I need. Not easy.  This is from 120 seconds captured in Firecapture. Gain was set at 50 and exposure at about 60. Histogram was at 90%. I was getting 25 FPS. Took 35% of frames from around 2300 frames stacked in PIPP and then in AS!2 and on to registax. Tweaked just a touch in LR. Let me know what you think.

post-28595-0-07563400-1428645181_thumb.j

An excellent image Leveye :smiley: Nicely processed with plenty of detail. Well captured!!

Best regards,

Ralph

That's awesome!  :icon_salut:

Is the entire frame exposed together, or are there different exposure amounts for Jupiter and Io which are merged afterwards? Thanks.

Thank you! Both the Planet and Io were exposed together at the same time. One 120 second AVI file.

Archived