Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Amazed by binoculars!!:)

As advised by many people on SGL, I went outside with binoculars to see if I enjoyed looking for things prior to purchasing my first telescope. Looking just to the right of jupiter I was gobsmacked by the bee hive nebula, unfortunately as it is cloudy my session was cut short:'( Cant wait for tomorrow night :):):)

Been on the binos the last few evenings. I bought a sky at night mag the weekend and the do a binocular tour of 4 or 5 things to hunt down. So going to have a go the weekend weather permiting

The Beehive is one of the great treats on offer at the moment, I always pay it a visit when I can.

x2.With you all the way...fab little cluster, the bewitching Beehive. Never fails to make me feel grateful I have the opportunity to see such things, and always raises a smile.

My first real night out.   Went out tonight and viewed Venus and Pleiades with my 100mm Skyscanner Tabletop. I also set up my 10x50 Binoculars and viewed the double star Mizar and Alcor in the Big Dipper. I'm glad the warm weather and clear skies finally showed up!!  

Even better tonight! Managed to see venus and M45, once again I saw jupiter and two moons, bee hive. Tried looking out for andromeda but couldnt find it :( cant wait to get a telescope, binos already reveal millions more stars than the naked eye

I struggled with observation until I bought a pair of binoculars. Unless you have a goto/pushto scope, finding an object without them (at least for me) is pretty difficult. Now my binos are first class equipment. Bonus: use them for birds during the day!

Archived