Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn looking fantastic

Rob

Spent 2 hours out with the C8 viewing Saturn using the Super Plantary EP... wow. Loads of detail. Cassini was easy cloud belts visible above & below the rings (with colour). The planet shadow on the rings was superb.. A nice steady night.

Happy

:(

Great feeling isn't it :(:D:shocked:. Makes all the hours freezing one's testicles off in the winter worthwhile when you get some good viewing. Bit like fishing, you tend to remember the good days........I had some excellent views of Saturn last night too, 6 moons, Cassini, cloud belts, best I've ever seen it. Titan actually looked orange.

Rob, you might be able to help me (or anyone else). I get a very bright view of Saturn in the C8 but cannot for the life of me see Cassini. Collimation is spot on and I don't have any issues with DSOs. I assumed that I was struggling with a SCT on planets and needed an APO as a second scope, but you are managing.

I am using Hyperions - 24mm, 13mm 8mm - none makes any difference - I just can't see the thing!

Rob, you might be able to help me (or anyone else). I get a very bright view of Saturn in the C8 but cannot for the life of me see Cassini. Collimation is spot on and I don't have any issues with DSOs. I assumed that I was struggling with a SCT on planets and needed an APO as a second scope, but you are managing.

I am using Hyperions - 24mm, 13mm 8mm - none makes any difference - I just can't see the thing!

Hi Mate,

This is tricky!!.. how can I put it. Ditch the Hyperions for planet work... I did, and don't look back now. The Hyperions are super EP's for DSO's, but just dont cut it for planet work in an SCT.. they are far too soft and I found it hard to nail cassini (I should not have). I found the Vixen NPL's gave a much sharper view. The contrast was also very good in NPL. I now have a WO SPL 12.5mm and I'm beside myself when I look through that.. different ball game all together!

Archived