tv zoom 3 - 6mm

faulksy

i happened to lend calvins tv zoom last night at sgl 10 and what a brilliant eye piece. managed jupiter with the great red spot at the 3mm setting with great detail a bit soft but you could see the red( orange) spot brilliantly. tried it at the 6 mm and in between and was very close to my pentax very impressive. will have to look out for one when the money is right.  :smiley: 

I've owned 3 of these Mike :smiley:

Brilliant eyepieces but I just don't get on with it for some reason :icon_scratch:

I keep forgetting this then buy another, only to sell it again a couple of months later.

They do offer very close to ortho performance and the ability to instantly tune the power to suit the object / conditions though so I can see why they are really popular. A cut above other zooms.

Nice eyepiece Mike, I have one and it don't get enough exercise, it is great in the APO and M/N 190mm, they get snapped up fairly quickly unless they are asking silly money secondhand, good luck with the hunting.

John,

When i saw the thread and your name beside it I thought for one moment you were going for your 4th  3-6mm Nagler :eek: .

Alan

I've owned 3 of these Mike :smiley:

Brilliant eyepieces but I just don't get on with it for some reason :icon_scratch:

I keep forgetting this then buy another, only to sell it again a couple of months later.

They do offer very close to ortho performance and the ability to instantly tune the power to suit the object / conditions though so I can see why they are really popular. A cut above other zooms.

never looked through a zoom before but realy enjoyed it, at the 3mm seting it was like looking through a straw but still crisp. shame you didnt get to have a look. nice meeting you though :smiley:

Nice eyepiece Mike, I have one and it don't get enough exercise, it is great in the APO and M/N 190mm, they get snapped up fairly quickly unless they are asking silly money secondhand, good luck with the hunting.

John,

When i saw the thread and your name beside it I thought for one moment you were going for your 4th  3-6mm Nagler :eek: .

Alan

yes good luck :smiley: would still like a 3.5 xw lets see what comes up first. if you decide to sell it alan give me a shout :grin:

The 3.5mm Pentax XW is a superb piece of equipment. You may well recall I reviewed this eyepiece and my 3.5mm Delos and had to say in the end I preferred the Pentax but it was a call so close that if I did it again I may well go the other way. I am just wondering what the 3.5mm would be in the new Sumerian, about X800 maybe a bit much.

Slight side track, nailed the collimation thanks to you and got one superb night in on Saturday :grin:  :grin:  which I will write up tomorrow if all is well.

On the zoom it took me over a year to find this one and I think it came for thre Global Mod Mark along with a 26mm Nagler, I like it so it's a keeper (I think) :eek: .

Alan

....... shame you didnt get to have a look. nice meeting you though :smiley:

Thanks Mike but, as I said, I've owned 3 of them over the years so I've an idea what they can do.

Last time I bought one it was to see if I it would replace my XW's. The Pentax's are still with me but the zoom has gone to a caring home :smiley:

glad you enjoyed it mike...hope I haven't done what I usually do when I let others borrow my ep's...we looked at M13 on Friday night in steves 20" with my 8mm ethos...I may have to go and hide!! :hiding:

The 3.5mm Pentax XW is a superb piece of equipment. You may well recall I reviewed this eyepiece and my 3.5mm Delos and had to say in the end I preferred the Pentax but it was a call so close that if I did it again I may well go the other way. I am just wondering what the 3.5mm would be in the new Sumerian, about X800 maybe a bit much.

Slight side track, nailed the collimation thanks to you and got one superb night in on Saturday :grin:  :grin:  which I will write up tomorrow if all is well.

On the zoom it took me over a year to find this one and I think it came for thre Global Mod Mark along with a 26mm Nagler, I like it so it's a keeper (I think) :eek: .

Alan

it was 533x in mine plus what ever the parracor adds. look foward to reading that alan :smiley:

I found the 3-6 zoom to be a cracking eyepiece Mike and it is small and super light  :smiley: I haven't seen a second hand one for sale for quite some time though.

shame i missed yours shaun when you had it for sale :smiley:

Archived