Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Attempt on the Moon

Jaydippy

Finally got around to processing some data taken a (long) while back. Let me know what you think! Can anyone identify what I've imaged btw?

Also, I can't seem to pull out details without making the result look over processed and harsh. Over-exposing the ridges is a problem too. Any advice appreciated. 

Moon 18 03 Reprocessed

Taken using an Xbox livecam and an 8" dob (with 2x barlow). Just let the image drift through the FOV. Around 400 frames stacked in Registax 6.

Good image. As peter says you have caught Copernicus, Eratosthenes, Montes Apenninus (Apennine mountains). If you would like to find what you are looking at you may find it handy to download the Virtual Moon Atlas (free). takes up a bit of space on the PC etc, but it is a fantastic piece of software. Here is an extract of the rough area you captured. Welcome to the dark side... ;-)

gallery_27945_3180_95429.jpg

Thanks for the comments everyone. Got some time off at the mo...25 panel mosaic anyone?  :tongue:

Cheers for the info Steve & Peter, nice to know what you're imaging. Just downloaded the moon atlas, great piece of kit. What kind of kit do you need to take that kind of image I wonder  :eek:

Archived