Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

1999 Partial Solar Eclipse from Scanned Photos

Stargazer33

As the forecast for Friday is pretty bad for where I live I thought I would scan in the photos that I took with my old SLR film camera of the partial solar eclipse from 1999.

These pictures were taken from my parents back garden with a home made solar filter over the camera lens which was either a 70-210 zoom EF zoom at 210 or a 500mm mirror lens. I won't tell you what the filter was made of as it was a last minute Heath Robinson affair and I don't want to encourage others to do what I foolishly did back then! :ohmy:  I got away with it but someone else might not be so lucky.

post-21511-0-72295800-1426718669.gif

I don't know why I missed first contact, but I did. I probably had no idea what time the eclipse started and of course I only had 36 exposures to cover the whole event.

Anyway, if I manage to get anything like this this time I will be well chuffed!

Thanks! Looking at 'Clear Outside' I've got 100%  cloud cover at 08:00, 99% at 09:00, 1% at 10:00 then 0% until 13:00!

I'm hoping that the clouds are going to blow through a bit quicker so that I get that two hour clear window around the time of maximum. 

Archived