Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Solar Eclipse

Spacedout

Hello All, I did a little recce run today getting ready for the pending eclipse!  Fingers crossed for clear skies Friday morning but if I'm lucky this will be the setup I'll be using to capture the event live on www.videoastronomylive.co.uk  There should be other broadcasters on the site also attempting the same so hopefully one of us will get lucky!  Hope to catch you then :)

post-28683-0-45990000-1426715993_thumb.j

Cheers

Karl

All ready also in Bedfordshire, the weather forecast is a little "hit and miss" still looks like there will be some clear patches.

I know Pete, it's a long shot for sure but better to be set up looking at clouds than not set up looking at clear sky :)  Let's keep everything crossed and some!

I have tried to buy some solar film and everyone is sold out im gutted cannot use my scope now.

Gutted for you Wookie, put out an appeal on here, someone must have a spare sheet or part sheet somewhere...

I'm excited! It will be hit and miss in my neck of the woods with the weather, but I do wish you the clearest skies for your capture; I'll definitely look for the live webcast! :laugh:

Reggie

Unfortunately, I'm too far south to see the eclipse from my location anyway...

Gutted for you Wookie, put out an appeal on here, someone must have a spare sheet or part sheet somewhere.

To late now just have to watch it through glasses really disappointed, I`m going to get a solar filter anyway when i get paid but its just so frustrating just my luck it will be cloudy. 

I'm excited! It will be hit and miss in my neck of the woods with the weather, but I do wish you the clearest skies for your capture; I'll definitely look for the live webcast! :laugh:

Reggie

Thanks Reggie and shame it was not visible in your neck of the woods but then again it wasn't in mine either due to the weather :)

Hello All, 

Despite the marathon effort getting setup for the eclipse my gamble did not pay off! As you would expect the the thick cloud soon cleared and the sun was burning the back of my neck while packing up but that's astronomy in the UK for you! However, I am pleased to say that some of the other broadcasters on Video Astronomy Live had better luck and the visitors to the website including my local school were treated to some fantastic views.  The school actually made and event of this and put up a large screen in the main hall for the entire school to watch!  I took some screen grabs to share here. 

A big thank you to Andrew Dumbleton, Carl Reade and John Pina for their efforts and of course to all who popped in to watch and take part. 

post-28683-0-06789000-1426932941_thumb.j  post-28683-0-67151100-1426932944_thumb.p

post-28683-0-52382700-1426932956_thumb.j  post-28683-0-49917600-1426932958_thumb.j

post-28683-0-82635900-1426932960_thumb.j  post-28683-0-00395900-1426932963_thumb.j

post-28683-0-91431900-1426932964_thumb.j

Cheers

Karl

Archived