Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sun Ha 8th Mar

Freddie

post-7987-0-58985700-1425837639.png

Bit of an experiment to see if I could get the full sun on one of the cams I have. This ended up being the Atik 314 with a 2x barlow with the top removed (so ~1.7x) as the ASI was too small and showed newton rings and the DMK was way too small (which I knew already). As you can see, it only just fits. Happy enough with how it came out, so is what I will use on 20th, clouds allowing!! 8 fits files stacked and processed in R6 then PS to bring out the proms a little more.

Interesting Freddie, I have an Atik 314L but have never tried it for solar stuff, had a look through the LS60 this morning, some nice proms on show but by the time I got round to imaging it was too cloudy.

Dave 

Very nice Freddie, as you say all set up now.  It is very even, your PST must be a good one.

I use my ASI120MM on my Lunt, it gets slight Newton rings, but they are fairly broad and with 1,000+ frames the drift in my mount means that they mostly blend in during processing.

Good luck on the day, I intend using my Lunt 60 and white light rig to capture the event, weather permitting.

Robin

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Yes, I'm pleased with the PST as with some careful tuning and focus it gives a nice even image. Newton rings are a pain on the ASI. Tracking is pretty much perfect though as this is on the NEQ6 so it doesn't really notice a PST and 314!!! The rings don't process out so next time I may set something other than solar rate tracking to induce a bit of drift and see if that helps.

Archived