Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from the Lake District

Hypsicles

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Hypsicles, welcome to SGL.  If you don't already know an excellent  Astronomical Society meets monthly in Kendal Museum. http://eas-online.org.uk/

Yes it's nice up here, unfortunately to keep the lakes full and everything green we have more than our fair share of clouds and rain,,,,,,if you see a cloud it's going to rain if you can't it's raining  :sad:

Thanks Itabot I'm up in Borrowdale and have to agree on the weather front :) I was looking at Cockermouth as they seem to have an active society? Good viewing tonight is on the cards I hope they have the forecast right for once!

Hi and welcome to the family. I also have the 250px very pleased with it. The barlow your using to view the moon did it come with the scope? I only got the 10mm and 25mm eye pieces no barlow.

Mine is the solid tube version may be that's the difference.

Clear skies.

Hi Urchin....No I purchased it along with a Telrad as I find the supplied finder scope too awkward. Having read more on here it seems the consensus is that cheap Barlows aren't worth it and you are better off getting an EP....I'm happy with mine for now however and have used it along with with the supplied 10 mm EP on the moon and Jupiter to good effect. I hope you are having as much fun with your scope as I am, I too have the solid tube.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Welcome to SGL :)

Good luck with your telescope - I was in the lake district recently on holiday - you've certainly got a lot of dark sky up there!

Archived