Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Software for imprinting details on astro-photo

Hey everyone.

A time ago i stumbled upon a software that could imprint your details (name, equipment, date and so on) on your final astroimage.

I have forgotten the name of it... and can not find it via search (i'm probably using wrong words)

Can anyone help me out?

Thx in advance.

Regards, Graem

Hi Dave.

There was a program that would nicely print all the details.

I use pixinsight and various other programs but don't see any of those options. (where does it have that option?)

I mean sure i could just open photoshop and add it, but its timeconsuming, and that program would automatiicaly nicely place everything and so on.

It puts a nice border around the image, placing name, equipment and so on somewhere on the lower right hand side. 

I read it somewhere here in the forums how it was called, but just can not find it - shame!

Regards, Graem

hmm, this is driving me crazy that i can't find it :)

It prints something like this on the image:

http://www.autostakkert.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/20131213_0101_UTC_Jupiter_RGB_Emil_Kraaikamp_2.jpg

Regards, Graem

Just create a "stock" image with a layer with the details on it.

Then import your finished image into it.

Thats what I do when creating this sort of format that I use. The text, small moon image, red circle and title are all on separate layers.

15916714192_7a36f63354.jpgPlato and Vallis Alpes

15748064597_bf5b105945.jpgCopernicus December 2014

Sounds like you are looking for "Watermarking Software"

There are several paid for Windows packages available for around the $30-$50 price, the only free one (for Windows only) that I know is called "FrameFun" and it lets you add a basic frame in different colours and widths as well as allowing an overlay of text or graphics on the photo.

I won't post a link to it here as so many of these download sites add junk software to the download but if you Google FrameFun then you should find a link to a download site you trust.

For a Mac there are about twenty or so watermark apps on the Apple App Store ranging from less than $5 to about $15 but not too sure which of those has a framing and watermark function, at least one of the Mac apps was free.

or use image magick for free. Available for windows and Linux and ... and capable of scripting (activeX, vbscript, perl, python  etc) , single files and entire folders.

It also provides access to the exif headers if I remember so you can either read the image data from the picture you want to watermark or write data to them to record the data somewhere useful.

hth

Mike

Archived