NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Would this work?

pipnina

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why go to all the effort of offsetting and the problems it causes when you could just set the secondary in a piece of glass

similar to the Skywatcher 190MN Mak Newt.

but maybe just a cheaper straight piece..

post-27415-142530265888_thumb.jpg.jpg]

I just wanted to say that I am finding this discussion incredibly enligthening :) Keep it up.

Here is my contribution: How about reflective curved vanes? what would that result in?

Lots of unwanted reflections perhaps? :laugh:

William Herschel used some of his reflectors off-axis without a secondary or its support! A single reflection greatly increased the object brightness with speculum mirrors for his day but the tilt off axis was very small. The design as proposed is gross and wouldn't satisfy me - the view/images would be horrid - sorry. You've got to have optics correctly aligned for quality views etc.

William Herschel used some of his reflectors off-axis without a secondary or its support! A single reflection greatly increased the object brightness with speculum mirrors for his day but the tilt off axis was very small. The design as proposed is gross and wouldn't satisfy me - the view/images would be horrid - sorry. You've got to have optics correctly aligned for quality views etc.

Archived