Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter - A Second Attempt

PhotoGav

Here are the results of my second imaging session with the new ASI120MC-S on my Celestron EdgeHD 800. This time I used a TV 2.5x Powermate. I have put the whole session into an animation as it shows how the seeing improved over the session as Jupiter rose higher in the sky. I was too keen to get started and was frozen by the time things were getting half decent! It's all a learning curve I guess. The jump is when I went inside to warm up for a bit! The total elapsed time is 1 hour 20 minutes.

post-29321-0-14069100-1423435262.gif

Capture details were roughly the same for all files:

Duration=90.008s
Frames captured=5934
ROI=800x640
FPS (avg.)=65
Shutter=11.71ms
Gain=80
Histogramm=82%

I captured 16bit .ser files. These were all processed in PiPP, AS!2 and Registax6. The anim was put together in PiPP.

Here's a single image:

post-29321-0-08086000-1423435958.png

So, I'm quite happy with the improvement, but I am still far from happy with the final results. The colour seems very washed out and the detail is still far from clear. If anyone has any suggestions for capture settings or any other nuggets that may help, I would be most grateful.

Looking good, just been playing around with Skyris 274 on 10" SCT on Jupiter for the first time took most of the evening to get it focused, did one 60sec video but not looked at it yet.

Skyris is supposed to be for Solar but the Sun has been playing hard to get. :)

Dave

I feel very unqualified to offer any advice, but what I did to make this one was pump all the processed tif files into PiPP and select 'Planetary Animation'. I altered a couple of settings regarding the frame rate and how long to hold at the end of the anim before looping. I hit 'Process' and the software did it all for me!

Good luck and I look forward to seeing your attempts soon.

I feel very unqualified to offer any advice, but what I did to make this one was pump all the processed tif files into PiPP and select 'Planetary Animation'. I altered a couple of settings regarding the frame rate and how long to hold at the end of the anim before looping. I hit 'Process' and the software did it all for me!

Good luck and I look forward to seeing your attempts soon.

WOW i did not realise thats all there was to it! i must give this a go

That`s a lovely animation. Really adds and brings home the dynamics of Jupiter`s turbulent atmosphere. Very nice well done :smiley: !

best regards,

Ralph

Archived