Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Had a go at the orion nebula last night

Nice tutorial there. Will try tomorrow on my wide fields that come out flat an grey. Im not doing anything post stacking in dss. Thats probably my prob, i hope

Thanks Goose - hope it helps! As I said, some will say not to touch the images in DSS, leave it all to PS or GIMP. I just wonder if it helps with our shorter exposures? Perhaps, later down the line, when I start looking at a better mount and guiding, the longer exposures will have enough detail in them to not need the DSS tweaks?

Be interested to know if it makes a difference to your stacks!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can always try my flowerpot method mentioned in post #16 above - although, depending on the aperture of the scope you may need a big flowerpot - and would then look a little "odd" to the neighbours in the middle of the night holding it up to your telescope.... :grin:

You're really coming on Bill! And for any gradient on the Images, try the GradientXTerminator plug-in in PS. It's excelent.

Onward and upward!

Alexxx

I downloaded a trial of gradient exterminator and put it in my plug ins folder in photoshop cc... but cant find it anywhere in the program. do you know where i should be looking?

Archived