NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Observing Meet - Feb. 20th

L8-Nite

Hi Steve coming from Fochriw at Pentwyn near the Mount Pleasant Inn turn right to go over Gelliagaer common first turn right towards Bedlinog and it is about 150yds on right.

coming from gelliagear come towards Merthyr come past the quarry, past the turn on which goes to Trelewis carry on towards Merthyr the road turns sharply left at the next left turn, turn towards Bedlinog and the position is about 150 yds on right.

bedlinog2.pdf

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Just seen Derek with his weather report on bbc1 and rain for Thursday and not too good for Friday , Steve wot do your weather sites and the seaweed have to say about the weekend forecast ??

Lenny

Not looking too promising I'm afraid Len but you never know things change very quickly in the uk it's notoriously difficult to forecast being a long narrow island surrounded by water. I'm off to the Cotswolds on Friday and their hinting at snow in that part of the world,typical lol.good luck with the skies for the weekend folks

Hi Folks,

The consensus of the weather forecasts look grim, so tonight's Observing Meet is a " NO-GO ".  :sad: 
At the moment, Saturday night " is " looking favourable though. :smiley: 
Check this thread tomorrow about 3:00pm (15:00) for an update.

Clear skies to us all.

I am looking forward to this weekend if its tonight or Saturday night curtesy of the weather

Well its 7:20 am here and its snowing here still keeping my fingers crossed for this evening although it all seems to be stacked against us

Hoping to do some astro/scape shots tonight, think I am going to change my approach entirely and leave the star adventurer at home and just go for a fixed tripod 11mm 2.8 lens about 30 secs single subs that way im really portable and if theres a bit of snow down all the better

Archived