Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The right webcam for astro

kencidj

Hello.

I'm new here, so I really need help.

I've searched everywhere for spc880/900 models, but no luck. Not at all. Don't want xbox livecam, because most people said that they are not that good.

Are there any other models with good quality and long exposure.

Thanks a lot

The short answer is probably no, there aren't.  The Lifecam Studio can be modded for imaging use and is better than the Xbox camera, but I never got it to perform as well as the SPC900.  I'm sure there are people who have done better than me to be fair.

If price is an issue probably the best thing you can do is watch the classifieds here (when you have enough posts) and on Astro Buy & Sell and be patient.

James

I've only used the modded life cam studio for video of the moon which was pretty good, I bought it on ebay. I have read overall its no where as good as the spc 900. Keep an eye out on astro buy and sell they come up now and again.

The short answer is probably no, there aren't. The Lifecam Studio can be modded for imaging use and is better than the Xbox camera, but I never got it to perform as well as the SPC900. I'm sure there are people who have done better than me to be fair.

If price is an issue probably the best thing you can do is watch the classifieds here (when you have enough posts) and on Astro Buy & Sell and be patient.

James

Money is not the biggest problem for me. It's just that, ebay and amazon dont have them for fair price. Some of them 99£ plus. There is one for 40£, but he's not sending from UK..and I'm in DK

Got 2 websites here, but the bundle is out of stock.

Any other websites?

Thanks

There really has never been a 'right' webcam for Astro Planetary imaging, every one of them has always been a 'get the best out of' something designed for a different purpose. The SPC 900NC models were good becuse of the CCD chip but the CMOS LifeCams are reasonably capable.

Money is not the biggest problem for me. It's just that, ebay and amazon dont have them for fair price. Some of them 99£ plus. There is one for 40£, but he's not sending from UK..and I'm in DK

Got 2 websites here, but the bundle is out of stock.

Any other websites?

Thanks

If money isn't really the issue then I'd be more tempted to look out for a second hand DFK21 or the ASI120MC (or possibly the ASI034MC though I've never used that personally).  There are are couple of other webcam models similar to the SPC900, but they're even older and come up for sale even less frequently, and still at similar prices to the SPC900.

James

if it hasn't sold there is a spc 900 in the classifieds on here, £75 (I  am in no way related or know the vendor)

I'm afraid he won't be able to use the Classifieds section until he's reached 50 posts to view / buy and 250 to sell.

Alexxx

Archived