Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lovejoy and the gutter

Was it cold!
Managed to get a set of 30 second subs and one set of several 60 seconds and took two 3 minute subs really pleased given I am hand turning a barn door and the comet moved so fast that it was in the gutter in the second sub which was unfortunate.
I will have a go at processing them over the next day or so.

All ISO 800, prime lens 55mm and 1100d on home made manual barn door taken raw/jpg.
Not sure I got focus spot on no star was bright enough to show up, next time before I align everything I will attempt to get focus right on Jupier as that is bright enough.
This is a crop of the 3 minute sub jpeg just to show the gutter battle and why the next sub was doomed to fail.

post-28282-0-01715000-1421620884_thumb.p

Thank you.

Rumaging in the subs taken with the 28mm I found two that were 3 minutes long and 1 matching dark so I stacked them.

This is a rather a botch image but I was happy to see fairly OK star shapes, given this is a manual turn barn door, and a lot of them but my processing is taking some learning. I did manage to enhance the colour on the comet in the gutter this time :-)

post-28282-0-69700800-1422055325_thumb.p

Because the orientation is different the first image can't be 180 second subs must be 60 seconds. So many files get in a muddle.

Archived