Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Fantastic Prom - Saturday 10th Jan

Pig

I just got a very lucky break 15 minute unobstructed view of the sun and there is an absolute cracker of a prom in the 1 O'clock position, it is very treelike in shape with lots of fine detail to be seen, it also has a detachment hanging about it which adds to the splendour. The are quite a few more proms about the limb of the disc and another large one is developing around the 8 O'clock position :laugh: 

Wonderful surface today too, lots of fine spots and granulation to bee seen, there are also an unusually large amount of filaments to be seen, many more than I have seen before in any one day. I wonder if the Quark will enhance this detail :smiley:

Nice report, Shaun.

I only got to observe on the lappy screen but the sun was really good in h-alpha, one great prom, some other decent ones, and a beauty of a filament that looked very 3D.

Got rained on but such is the lot of the solar nutcase :D Must get myself an astro garage like Robin :)

My first attempt at Ha was a rather rushed and unsuccessful one but hey we gotta start some where. This is a single frame from a short AVI done with a SPC880. I was more experimenting to see what image size would fit on the sensor than attempting to get anything to stack.

post-8355-0-34795100-1420907420.jpg

Good stuff, Shaun.

Sorry I missed that. Could have had a peek, weather-wise, but other duties prevailed, time-wise :-((

Nice image, Spaceboy. The image plus Shaun's words just about gives us the whole picture, so to speak.

(Would have still rather seen it myself o'course ...)

Archived