NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

which cannon camera???

cobra84

600D, that articulated screen is a godsend when the scope is at odd angles......which is often.

I have the 650D (mod'd) and the live view is a great bonus when setting focus as you can magnify the image. However when using live view you will need to increase the exposure time so you can see the object you are tring to photograph, focus then the readjust the timing to what you reqquire for the shot.

Get a spare battery, cold nights shorten the user time even on fully charged batteries.

600D, that articulated screen is a godsend when the scope is at odd angles......which is often.

I have the 650D (mod'd) and the live view is a great bonus when setting focus as you can magnify the image. However when using live view you will need to increase the exposure time so you can see the object you are tring to photograph, focus then the readjust the timing to what you reqquire for the shot.

Get a spare battery, cold nights shorten the user time even on fully charged batteries.

I found doing this then put a Bahtinov mask on the scope and use liveview  @ X10 to adjust gets it spot on....if you can use a main powered supply this will lessen the heat build up caused by the battery getting warm with longer exposures......

I would skip the DSLR and use the money to go straight to CCD which is exactly what I'm doing. I'm not sure if this is going to be a mistake but I am willing to take the gamble and wait the extra time before a camera is within my grasp.

Just my 2 cents.

Miguel

I'm using a 100D and finding it small, light, easy to use and operated from the laptop. If it had the 600D flip out screen I'd still operating and viewing through the laptop, all the touching and handling makes for blurry pictures.

Archived