SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New Astronomy Club

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Just an update on the Society.

We have had quite a few enquiries from around the Country with a view to membership so we are now offering membership to people who can only make maybe a couple of meetings a year at a reduced rate, one of the stipulations on the room hire is that anybody attending be members, and the Society have insurance in place, ours is through the Federation of Astronomical Societies.

Membership will also include members been able to use private individuals observatories with the owner present and under their guidance, at the moment we have two in Sussex and one in Gloucester with hopefully more to come, this will be a great opportunity for members starting out in imaging to be able to visit somebody more local to them and be covered by insurance as a member of Adur Astro Society

Full membership £25 Country membership £12.50

Country membership must be outside of Sussex to qualify.

If any members would like to be added to a mailing list for Near Earth Objects, Asteroid and Comet data please let Trevor know, the data will be in this form.

01980 C2008 06 07.93854 14 41 22.56 -20 41 41.5 15.9

Trevor and Robin.

http://www.modernastronomy.com/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It was a great first meeting - sorry to all that I had to push off early. My partner is a stand-up comic who is usually working in Brighton on a Monday night - unfortunately last Monday the gig she was playing folded early due to problems and she was stuck outside in a downpour so I had to leave to pick her up :crybaby:

I can't believe that you missed my impromptu presentation - shame on you!

It was a good evening with some useful information from Ed and Robin - there seemed to be an enthusiastic buzz to the place so I think Trevor and Robin should be congratulated for getting the 'formula' right. I am looking forward to the next one.

Agrees - well done Trev and Robin - sorry SW - my partner was stuck out in a rainstorm BUT I have made it clear to her that in future she will have to take her own car in future - thats why we pay two lots of road tax :)

Anyway I'll be at the next one and lets hope bwteen now and then the sky is clear for a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived