Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Planetarium Software that is simple to use.

Think that, having read about the various options I will put sky safari on my tablet, just need to decide on which version I go for. Goto on 300p scope cover main needs, however I made this thread with my refractor in mind although I will use whatever I install for research purposes.

I also know that all the info can be found the traditional way on S&T sky atlas as an example, but each to thier own on this, old fashioned maps or electronic maps, take your pick.  I like the more intuitive and interactive software based program's available on pc/tablets etc. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can download an app called Sky Portal for free (for the iPhone/iPad anyway). This is powered by Sky Safari and is the basic version. You can try to see what full version you need from that, however I find this basic edition is good enough for my needs. Just give it a go, it's free!

You can download an app called Sky Portal for free (for the iPhone/iPad anyway). This is powered by Sky Safari and is the basic version. You can try to see what full version you need from that, however I find this basic edition is good enough for my needs. Just give it a go, it's free!

Being a tight wad anything free gets my approval  :icon_mrgreen:

Post 17 by yours truly did already plug Cartes du Ciel with a link.

I nearly forgot about this hunk of software:

http://autostar-suite.software.informer.com/6.0/

It's Meade's Autostar Suite, designed to interface with Meade scopes & mounts. Unremarkable in my opinion - and why I nearly forgot it. But your mileage may vary. After my last "telephone-fist-fight" with Meade's Customer-Service Orangutan's - I think I've built up defenses against thinking of them..... :eek::grin:

Clear Skies,

Dave

I have got sky safari 4 middle veversion and its exactly what I had been looking for. It is intuitive, just lime stellarium but covers far more dso's and there are more graphics which are also far more natural.

Its on the tablet so rather than replace stellarium as my research tool, I think it will complement it well. Time will tell eh.

Post 17 by yours truly did already plug Cartes du Ciel with a link.

I nearly forgot about this hunk of software:

http://autostar-suite.software.informer.com/6.0/

It's Meade's Autostar Suite, designed to interface with Meade scopes & mounts. Unremarkable in my opinion - and why I nearly forgot it. But your mileage may vary. After my last "telephone-fist-fight" with Meade's Customer-Service Orangutan's - I think I've built up defenses against thinking of them..... :eek::grin:

Clear Skies,

Dave

Sorry Dave ...... soooo many posts ........

Regards

:)

Archived