NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

straight through sw finderscope.

hi, cant seem to get your standard straight through 9x50 finder into focus ?   I assume you unscrew the objective end slowly to get it into focus,but no luck .

am I missing a trick  or are they a fixed focus ?

many thanks.

thanks. ok ive tried taking the lens as far forward a possible without it coming off the thread , no focus. so I go as far in as possible (i.e the thin locking ring is as far down the tube as it will go and the objective lens is locked up to it)  but still not in focus.

I guessed this was how it was ahieved but I cant get desired focus :icon_scratch:

it almost seems I might need to remove thelock ring to let the lens come back further ? 

thanks. ok ive tried taking the lens as far forward a possible without it coming off the thread , no focus. so I go as far in as possible (i.e the thin locking ring is as far down the tube as it will go and the objective lens is locked up to it)  but still not in focus.

I guessed this was how it was ahieved but I cant get desired focus :icon_scratch:

it almost seems I might need to remove thelock ring to let the lens come back further ? 

Is the end you look through screwed right home.....

right. I removed the ridged locking ring completely . then put the main lens back on ,effectively allowing me to let the lens come back further. BINGO I can get focus now .

however its not really an ideal solution.

ok, thanks tinker. ive sussed it . the locking ring was on upside down. turned it around which allowed it to drop further.

yes I will be getting a telrad/ rigel amongst my initial list. ill soon be moving the finder on as iknow they are a pain to use. however I just wanted to make sure it was all working. I only picked up today.

thanks .

Archived