NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

AR 2192 is lurking......returns in the next 48hours

Solar_observer

Let's see.....I just got a new solar-filter in. And located my Baader Continuum-Filter. Have my MallinCam set up. Software readied.....And it's turned ice-cold and raining.

Given all the things I lined-up - I'm doomed. I probably should buy a boat for the up & coming flood I've unleashed.

Call Me Noah,

Dave

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice one, Tony, I caught an earlier view of it online (clouds, clouds, clouds!) and thought then that it was two decent-sized spots turning the bend. But looks like it is one big one, with a big island in the middle

:blob8:

From the past 48 hours, I think the Sun's message was:

;p

Lovely shot, Jarrod! I managed a quick look  :laugh:  :laugh:  Okay, so it's not one huge spot, but that's an awesome penumbra, the new region is dwarfing the others currently on show, super faculae around the AR, and hey, it made it round :laugh:

And if it's cloudy tomorrow, I won't feel quite so bad :grin:  Typical that I was on hols for the previous lap, biggest sunspot for twenty years, ho hum... :grin:

Archived