SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Who's at Kielder in April?

... and for which days? Post up a pic...

I'm going for the weekend, arriving Friday afternoon. Here's a pic - you can't miss me - stupidly lanky guy with specs!

4418_normal.jpeg

6'4" is just not tall enough...

Looking forward to meeting some new faces and seeing old ones!

Andrew

I was chatting to a mate about this today - he's even more of a newbie than me as he doesn't even have a scope :D. There's a good chance we'll come along, but can someone clarify some things for me?

What does a 'hook up' mean? Is that sharing a tent or something?

The possibility of a safe harbour in a pub is a key selling point - is it stumbling distance from the site?

Are there any b&b's/hotels nearby for the more 'effette' if a tent is not on the agenda?

Will the Kielder observatory be open at the time of the star party?

As we'll just be looking at a couple of nights, are there any days that are preferable?

Sorry for the nbr of questions and don't feel obliged to answer them, but if you do it'll help :afro:.

Hookup is referring to an electrical hookup for heaters and such in tents :(

The Anglers Arms is around 400M from the Non hookup part of the campsite :whip2:

There is at least one B&B in the village and theres a hotel in Bellingham :) the Pheasant pub also does B&B :afro:

The observatory will be open to day visitors but unfortunately won't be open at night due to it still being a building site :(

The main days are the 4th and 5th :hello1:

Anymore questions :shock: Bring em on :D only too happy to answer them :D

The Anglers Arms is around 400M from the Non hookup part of the campsite :whip2:

There is at least one B&B in the village and theres a hotel in Bellingham :) the Pheasant pub also does B&B :afro:

The observatory will be open to day visitors but unfortunately won't be open at night due to it still being a building site :(

Anymore questions :shock: Bring em on :D only too happy to answer them :D

who's getting my first beer in???

There is at least one B&B in the village and theres a hotel in Bellingham :( the Pheasant pub also does B&B :afro:

Anymore question's :shock: Bring em on :D only too happy to answer them :)

who's getting my first beer in???

That would be Jamie :D :whip2:

Archived