SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

small notebook laptop

libraryman

Hi, I need a small notebook or laptop..one that I can take abroad with me in January, smaller the better really, but still capable of running my imaging software..maxim etc.

What's the smallest I can get away with.....my 17inch laptop is just too big for portability.

Any recommendations???

Ray

Hi,

I ave just bought one of these, and I have to say it is superb

http://shop.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/lenovo/s-series/s20/#tab-features

But you could just go for a 10" netbook, some of the newer and slightly older ones are more than capable of running the software you mention, I had an Acer Aspire One netbook and that was very good, I only upgraded so I could get more FPS out of my ASI camera, which I have just bought, I get the maximum out of the new laptop shown above, BTW the Lenove laptop above is a quad core celeron processor and is more than capable. But they have limited stock.

Hope that helps a little

SS

Thanks, Dell Latitude d630.…will look at them

Ray

You will seriously not be disappointed with the Dell D630.  They were built as PC's for people who are mobile out and about all day and as a consequence are solidly built machines indeed and incredibly reliable.  I recently installed a SSD in my astro field laptop and it has made it even better.  Much more substantial than  the flimsy netbooks to be had today.

Hi Skysurfer, thanks for that...I was hoping to stick with Win 7, but it does look good.

Ray

I myself was concerned about win 8 too, but everything works on it fine, I just got rid of the tiled home screen and went Bach to the old fashioned desktop, and not you would not know it was Win 8, but remember the laptop I pointed out to you is also touchscreen, so would work well with the tiled desktop if you prefer .

SS

I have an inbuilt dislike of touch screens. I see too many replaced as they wear. More expensive than a £5 mouse too and think how many folk go through.

Sent from my iPhone so excuse the typos!

Archived