SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Open Club  ·  33 members

West Midlands

HEQ5 mount Worcester area

Craigyboy3542

Hi 

Does anyone around the Worcester area have a HEQ5 mount?? i am thinking of upgrading to one but i am in a wheelchair and unsure about the weight of the mount head, i would like to try and see if i am able to set one up if anyone has one and is willing to let me try before i go and buy one.

Craig

Hi

Does anyone around the Worcester area have a HEQ5 mount?? i am thinking of upgrading to one but i am in a wheelchair and unsure about the weight of the mount head, i would like to try and see if i am able to set one up if anyone has one and is willing to let me try before i go and buy one.

Craig

Just weighed mine in its bare form. It is exactly 10kg or 22.5 lbs. it's difficult to tell if you could manage it because you will have to balance it at arms length I imagine to locate the centre pin on the tripod. Each counterweight is 5 kg extra.

Just weighed mine in its bare form. It is exactly 10kg or 22.5 lbs. it's difficult to tell if you could manage it because you will have to balance it at arms length I imagine to locate the centre pin on the tripod. Each counterweight is 5 kg extra.

I currently have a EQ5 and i have set that up with one of the counter weights on it so that make it about the same as the HEQ5 ... so i don't think it will necessarily be the actual weight as apposed the the distribution of it ... if that makes sense...lol 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived