Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ticket to Mars

jgs001

Going to the moon was not too difficult in terms of the psychological effect on the astronauts. The earth still had an appreciable disc, and easily identified as home only days away. Not too long a trip.

Going to a distant world in the vast ocean of space, where the home planet is reduced to a stellar like object, and almost merging with all the other starlike objects, may provoke a dangerous reaction, whether it be a lone occupant, or even three. I wonder if any preparatory training simulating that kind of isolation would be adequate. I'm not sure it would somehow.

Ron.

Going to the moon was not too difficult in terms of the psychological effect on the astronauts. The earth still had an appreciable disc, and easily identified as home only days away. Not too long a trip.

Going to a distant world in the vast ocean of space, where the home planet is reduced to a stellar like object, and almost merging with all the other starlike objects, may provoke a dangerous reaction, whether it be a lone occupant, or even three. I wonder if any preparatory training simulating that kind of isolation would be adequate. I'm not sure it would somehow.

Ron.

Ron that is something I have allways thought about.

It is no good screaming I want my mummy out there.

I think they will have to be genetically worked on.

A clone from the home alone kid could work.

Bernie :wink:

I was sitting in a meeting the other thinking to myself that I would rather be on Mars than at this particular meeting - but after reading this post I have changed that thought and identified some of the individuals I would "volunteer" for the one way trip to Mars. I don't think I would like to go Mars (though I reckon I'd get POTW when I got there if I took the camera).

Sam

Archived