Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Only 15 minutes of data on NGC 7822

lensman57

Hi,

Taken a couple of nights ago in the hope of an Ha RGB image. Only 3 subs of 5 minutes each in Red before the clouds arrived. I didn't even bother to take the flats. A very noisy image indeed. Processed mostly in PI.

Quattro 8s, Atik 383L and an Ascension 1.25" Red filter. What I could do with 6 hours of clear night and no Mr Moon.

Thanks for looking and feel free to slate it , I would.

post-28808-0-29953500-1413220652_thumb.p

Lovely image, only thing that doesnt look quite right is the corners of your image. Not sure whether it just needs cropping or if you have picked up the scope. I am sure someone far more intelligent than me will be able to clarify :grin:

Lovely image, only thing that doesnt look quite right is the corners of your image. Not sure whether it just needs cropping or if you have picked up the scope. I am sure someone far more intelligent than me will be able to clarify :grin:

I didn't take any flats and I was using 1.25" filter with the large KAF 8300 chip so some clipping at the edges is expected, no way I can afford the 2" filters . Thank you for your words.

A.G

Your starfield looks reasonably good (decent corners). But I can see the tell-tale signs that the 1.25" filter is clipping your light cone. You will find that flats will not fix the dark corners (in fact it makes them look worse!) - I ended up just cropping the image when using 1.25". If youre at f4, its going to be a case of bigger filters im afraid!

Your starfield looks reasonably good (decent corners). But I can see the tell-tale signs that the 1.25" filter is clipping your light cone. You will find that flats will not fix the dark corners (in fact it makes them look worse!) - I ended up just cropping the image when using 1.25". If youre at f4, its going to be a case of bigger filters im afraid!

I agree, infact I am @ f3.6 and no flats were take taken.

A.G

There's an intermediate filter size (can't remember exactly how many mm) from Baader just for this chip. Smaller than the mortgage 2 inch blighters, anyway. I speak as a victim!

Olly

Hi Olly,

There is a set of unmounted 36mm Baader LRGB filters from FLO @ £239.00 which is " tolerable " but then I have to change the FW which is not possible at the moment.

Regards,

A.G

I attach a flat with the same set up ( Quattro 8s @ F3.6, 1.25" filter, Atik 383L+)  taken using a very diffused light from a flat panel ( Gerd Neuman ) I have applied a simple stretch in PI with STF parameters , there are stll some issues with regards to even illumination that need to be resolved but I be grateful for any advice.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-22708100-1413496495_thumb.j

Archived