SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Build a Model Solar System

I'm hoping mine will arive before Christmas, just two postal days left. They took the money from my account just over a week ago, so it is due any day. Knowing my luck, it will probably get delayed in the Christmas mail backlog, which happens every year. I recived one of my presents on Jan 5th last year, due to this. Parcels seem to take longer than letters around Christmas.

Geoff :salute:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose it depends where you live, as to how good the postal delivery is. Mine still hadn't arrived in this mornings post (Mon 23 Dec) so if it doesn't come tomorrow, It will be after Christmas. Never mind, I havn't started assembling mine yet, I'm waiting until I have the complete set.

Geoff

Too right its getting heavy, while slowly tightening all of the planet arms Saturn fell off, and I snapped a moon from the coller, damn gonna have to reorder that issue yet again (Last time I managed to drop Saturn and seperate it from its rings...)

Hmm I think it might be worth me contacting the manufacters about Uranus & Neptune, for me Uranus has horizontal banding and Nepture has vertical banding...

Too right its getting heavy, while slowly tightening all of the planet arms Saturn fell off,

I use a clear silicon sealant to keep the planets in place. None of them exactly fit tightly. This means I could take it apart if I wanted to without too much problem.

Cheers

Danny

• 4 weeks later...

I have to say that I am one of those saving all the issues up until they have all arrived. Might even save it for Kelling next September... something to do down the pub whilst it is cloudy :)

Did anybody else get an e-mail from dbfactory saying that a payment was still outstanding? Received one saying that £23.96 was still outstanding for issues 32,33,34 & 35. Phoned them up and they said that it was a problem when they changed from 2 issues a month (£11.98) to 4 issues a month and that I was actually due them £5.99!!!

Credit card shows I paid £23.96, so I am wondering if I am the only one that they are trying to pull a fast one on?

Tim

I'm saving all mine too Tim, until I have the lot, then I will make a start on assembling it.

The only problem I have had so far, was the last four issues, No's 40, 41 42 & 43. All the parts arrived, but I was sent to copies of issue 40 magazine, istead of issue 41, which covered the planet Pluto. I gave them a ring, and they are sending me a new issue of No 40, which I was told will include the part (Pluto) as well, so it looks like I will have a spare planet. The reason for this I was told, is because the magazine and part come sealed in the same package. Ah well, I'm not complaining, as it won't cost me anything. I was also told that issues 44 to 47 were posted yesterday, so these should arrive by about Tues or Wed, next week. It usually takes about a week in the post, because they come second class parcel post, which can take up to ten days before they arrive.

Other than that, I have had no problems, but I do find it better to phone if I have a problem, rather than email, as sometimes you don't seem to get a proper answer to your queery. At least by phone, you actually get to speak to someone who can deal with any problems.

Geoff :salute:

no probs here either, in fact im happy to recommend them to anyone who is looking to do a collecting thing like this with them.....(You watch now, they'll send me the wrong stuff! lol) - In fact, i just paid off all of the payments off my credit card for it, so its now just a case of waiting for the last 2 bundles, and i dont know what will happen with issue 52 (presume its the motor?) guess that will come on its own, though it seems a bit of a [removed word] up that they didnt arrange it so maybe one month we got 5 issues so it finished in Feb, instead of people building it and waitin another month for the last bit!

• 4 weeks later...

This is my email reply over when we get the rest of the issues.....as we guessed, it wont be done till March...... :crybaby:

Dear Phil,Thank you for your email.I can inform you that you will receive 48-51 in Ferbruary and 52 on it'sown in March.Best WishesLauren WrightCustomer Care[/]

This is a post from the Open University astronomy site......sounds like we may all need to have a word with them next month.....

Hi,

I just spoke to them as I wasn't sure from the information on the website whether they were continuing the subscription for the new model as a matter of course or you had to actively subscribe. Turns out they are going to assume you want to continue and it will just carry on.

This may be made clearer in the last two mailouts of the existing model but in case anyone doesn't want to continue I thought you might like to know.

Archived