Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A Night to Forget.

Astro Imp

Had a great day, beautiful drive up to RVO to pick up a couple of new EPs, took Mrs Imp with me and Ian at RVO recommended a great place for lunch. 

Great skies all the way home.

Set up early evening for a spot of Luna observing. First mistake, attached both slowmo controls to the RA axis and wondered why I hadn't got any control - doh!!!

Anyway soon sorted that out and settled down to some great views while it was getting properly dark.

Popped inside to make a cuppa, ten minutes tops, came out with my tea and everything clouded out. Thought that it would clear so sat and waited. No good so went in side with my half drunk cuppa and tripped over the step and put the rest over the kitchen floor  :eek:

Decided this really isn't my night, packed up and thought I'd have a moan to you guys to make me feel better  :rolleyes:

And now you will/do feel better!

Was this the payback trip (sorry) following Mrs Astro Imp's outrageously expensive shopping spree the other day?

Yes you've got it and I had to buy lunch, must be getting soft in my old age.

Sounds like a normal night to me. Last time I went out I hadn't fastened my ep case and they all emptied out across the floor (lucky indoors). Then I managed to throw my 26mm ep across the patio. Then the rubber strip came off the focus wheel. It also turned cloudy.

Sounds like a normal night to me. Last time I went out I hadn't fastened my ep case and they all emptied out across the floor (lucky indoors). Then I managed to throw my 26mm ep across the patio. Then the rubber strip came off the focus wheel. It also turned cloudy.

That absolutely cracked me up. I suggest you take up a less demanding hobby.

BTW when you find one let me know and I'll join you.

That absolutely cracked me up. I suggest you take up a less demanding hobby.

BTW when you find one let me know and I'll join you.

You're right - I am far too clumsy for this hobby! I will let you know when I find something more suitable.

Well shoes, bags and clothes don't come pre-packaged with cloud in the boxes, it's the EP's that caused the sudden otherwise inexplicable appearance of clouds.

You should know better than to attempt to use new kit as soon as you get it ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well shoes, bags and clothes don't come pre-packaged with cloud in the boxes, it's the EP's that caused the sudden otherwise inexplicable appearance of clouds.

You should know better than to attempt to use new kit as soon as you get it ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

True but how do they pack so much cloud in two small boxes?

Archived