Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL Dark sky map ?

knobby

Hi all, this is very much an early stage beta test kind of effort but wondered how the forum mods would feel about something like this

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1141279

Where we can all pin a location accompanied by a short description / image straight up 50 mm f4 800 ISO to show the LP ( or not if you're lucky)

If you want to play , log in at top right and use sgluser as password.

Hi all, this is very much an early stage beta test kind of effort but wondered how the forum mods would feel about something like this

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1141279

Where we can all pin a location accompanied by a short description / image straight up 50 mm f4, 800 ISO for 30 seconds to show the LP ( or not if you're lucky)

If you want to play , log in at top right and use sgluser as password.

Estwing has pointed out a probable flaw in the plan ... We all want to keep our dark sites safe/ private

i dont think its that, your dark sky map is a great idea, but it also lets people know were you are or could be and they could rob you

I'm sure that we tried something similar to this a few years back, and the uptake was poor.

The location doesn't have to be exact, whenever I put a pin on a map I choose a house down the road. Or in the case of where I live now, there are fields and fields right around me - I live in one of them apparently. :)

Ant

Archived