Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

PARAMOUNT MX+ Arrives!

Liquid360

It finally arrived! I'm opening the mount tomorrow but had to open the "accessories" box, the most dense UPS package I've ever handled. Opening this box reminded me of opening a Rolex box. The weights, the bar, the hand controller are stunningly made... reminds me of expensive A/V gear. Can't wait to put it together tomorrow when the tripod arrives! This is all very exciting!

post-22697-141168954702_thumb.jpgpost-22697-141168957584_thumb.jpg

Thanks!! I've never owned anything quite of this caliber. I'm a kid a Xmas for sure! It's hard to believe that there are 7 or so people working for Bisque. It really is serious hardware with a Rolls-Royce like build quality. I'm anxious to open the head box, but it'll wait.

Awoke early to unbox the mount.... this AM unboxing the mount... This is a stunning piece of functional industrial art. I can't remember ever feeling so much pride that an object was built in America. Hard to believe that a company of under 10 people could make such a thing.

post-22697-141172606108_thumb.jpgpost-22697-141172607192_thumb.jpgpost-22697-141172608135_thumb.jpg

I loved the specs and the photos and the reports, but even I thought the price seemed a bit exorbitant. Until I opened the accessories box and saw the weights and the shaft, machined as thought it were as much art as instrument. Opening the main box sealed the deal. 9k for this thing is a deal... I haven't the words for this thing. To use it in the pitch black of night seems a shame cause it's so pretty to look at!

Congratulations. I've had mine for about 1 and a half years and once past the learning curve have just loved it. It's a little hard to tell in your pictures but I think you have your Tak on backwards. The eyepiece/imaging end should go where the USB and power ports are on the Versaplate. I'll say the next with the utmost politeness, when you have an issue that you can't resolve on your own don't assume it's the mount or TheSkyX's fault. It will be your fault. We've all been there. Get on Bisque.com and ask for help. There are some brilliant guys there that apparently have nothing better to do than answer your questions. Clear skies.

• 1 month later...

I love my MX+ it really is the business once you get the learning curve over with. The tracking is simply superb as I mostly use the telescope for CCD photography I don't need to use the PEC correction or pro track as this is taken care of by using PHD. I use PHD because it's good & I've not really looked at the SkyX's CCD calibration routine.

Archived