Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

No chance of Solar observing today

Pig

It doesn't appear that I will get any chance to observe the sun today, the forecast shows cloud all day apart from a 1 hour break at midday, the question is do I wait to see if the forecast is correct or shall I pay a visit to the steam room !!!  problems problems :grin: Mind you there are some blue patches peeping through the clouds so there are some promising signs.

Did anyone see the Moon last night ?

I got some fantastic observing time in as the clouds cleared up very nicely around 11 O'clock, I even had complete success with my new zoom and the 1.6 X barlow, all in all a very good night.

Does anyone know why zooms and Barlows work so well together ?  I am a bit lost as to why this is so.

I find the forecasts close to useless for solar, Shaun! They said cloudy this morning, just got in from a full h-alpha imaging session. I'd checked sat24 and thought there might be a gap.

Had a quick look too, the active regions were beautiful swirls of activity. One of them reminded me a bit of the Whirlpool galaxy!

Quite a bit of cloud here now.

managed to get about an hour between 8-9 :smiley:  forecast looks poor though for the rest of the day.

a fair amount of cloud around last night, so i put the chiminea on, grabbed the bino's and recliner and layed under the stars/clouds till the early hours with my wife. very relaxing and peacefull.

moon looked very nice last night when it cleared.

Luke,

It does appear that solar forecasting is poor, this may be because gaps in the cloud allow for solar viewing and the forecast just says cloudy !!

Pete,

I enjoyed last night once it had cleared, I think the Moon always suits observing better when it isn't full, the termination makes it more appealing :laugh:

Steve,

Same here but it is quite sunny now, not good enough to get the scope out yet but it may well be soon.

Archived